2017 NWTR Overview
The 2017 Northwest Tandem Rally will be hosted at the University of Washington in Seattle. Home base will be the Husky Union Building, otherwise known as the HUB. This is a 71,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility with multipurpose space. The HUB underwent a major remodel in 2010-2012 and contains: two ballrooms, multiple meeting rooms, study areas, a campus bookstore, bowling alley, game rooms, dining areas, vending machines, a bike shop and more.
- Recently constructed dorm rooms (with elevators and WiFi) are available to rally guests in Lander Hall, about a half mile from the HUB
- Multiple hotels and motels are available, most within 1 mile of campus; check out the “lodging” page for maps and links
- Dry RV Parking is available on the UW campus for $60 per RV for three days of parking (July 1st through July 3rd). If you are interested in this option, please email: email@example.com with “RV Parking” in the subject line.
- Camping is also available for either tents or RVs at Vasa Park, about 13 miles away, on the west shore of beautiful Lake Sammamish
- For nearby tent camping we recommend that NWTR 2017 campers use the services of Warm Showers to find people in Seattle willing to let you camp in their yard. This is a site and service by and for cyclists that gets rave reviews for ease of use and how friendly the hosts and guests are. Here is a link to their site: https://www.warmshowers.org/
- Breakfasts are available daily for cash purchase at the “Local Point” Dining Center in Lander Hall
- Saturday night welcome BBQ on the HUB lawn (must purchase ticket)
- Snacks and Lunches provided for all riders on both Sunday and Monday
- Beer Garden on Sunday after the first day of supported rides on HUB lawn (must purchase ticket)
- Rally banquet with seating for up to 440 people on Sunday evening in the HUB north ballroom (must purchase ticket)
- Monday post-ride Root Beer Float Social sponsored by NWTR 2016, Klamath Falls
Information and registration center on the first floor of the HUB, just outside the Lyceum
NWTR 2017—Seattle jerseys, shorts and other bike wear are now available via Voler’s website: www.voler.com
A limited selection of socks, technical t-shirts and caps will be available for purchase.
To avoid missing out, please pre-order prior to the event
Vendor fair at the HUB Lyceum all day Saturday and Sunday
Parking on campus available for $20 (covers all four days)
We look forward to seeing you soon!