Pedalin’ the Palouse, Spokane, WA
July 1-4, 2011
Tandem riding at its best over rolling hills, scenic byways and wheat fields south of Spokane, WA. We’ll take you through historic communities such as Cheney, Spangle and Waverly… agricultural communities that date back more than a century. With oceans of green rolling hills and quilted farmlands, these hills have hosted the routes of Native Americans, pioneers and settlers. This land has a rich history to share. Take a side trip up Steptoe Butte (3600 ft. peak) with fantastic views and unique terrain.
Join the Spokane community as we celebrate the 4th of July at Riverfront Park with two days of holiday music, food and a grand fire-works display in downtown Spokane. Activities and restaurants are just steps from downtown hotels. We look forward to hosting you in 2011!
Last Minute Event Reminders:
(June 27, 2011) On behalf of the Spokane Regional Sports Commission, we are proud to welcome over 600 tandem enthusiasts to Spokane. All preparations are complete and it is going to be a great event:
- Book your massage appointments early for best time options. Massage provided at rally headquarters by AICM.
- Get directions to Mukogawa Fort Wright (Headquarters to the Rally)
- Get area weather report. It calls for sunshine!
- A few more Saturday night banquet and Sunday BBQ meal tickets will be available to purchase at Rally check-in. First-come, first-served. We are expecting over 300 people at each meal! Join us for good food, great friends, and a few surprises!
- During the Rally, if parking is tight, there is alternative parking available.
Contact Information and event questions:
Marla Emde—Spokane Regional Sports Commission
714 N. Iron Bridge Way, Suite 202
Spokane, WA 99202